Fill out this brief form to learn more about how AIU’s flexible programs can work with your busy life to help move your career forward.
Schaumburg, IL Dec. 6, 2013 — American InterContinental University (AIU™) has reduced tuition and fees for active-duty, reserve and National Guard servicemembers.
"At AIU, we believe that our military servicemembers should have affordable access to a high-quality postsecondary education. Our goal is to minimize out-of-pocket education expenses for active-duty servicemembers, while providing them with flexible and online options that accommodate the mobile military life," said Richard Kennedy, Director of Military Relations at AIU.
AIU’s military tuition reduction was effective Nov. 20, 2013, for currently enrolled online students and for new students beginning classes in January 2014 and beyond. “This is just one more way that AIU is dedicated to recognizing the sacrifices and service of military students,” Kennedy said.
In addition to a reduced tuition rate, AIU supports its large military population with specialized programs and services, including an online military club with more than 8,000 members, military graduation ceremonies, education fairs, transition assistance presentations and other events at military bases across the United States. In addition to the reduced tuition rate, AIU offers a number of other benefits to military students, including:
• Flexible schedules – AIU’s 24/7 online classes are ideal for military students who travel, are likely to be relocated or are deployed overseas.
• Deployment holds – If students cannot continue their coursework for the length of deployment, they can put their education on hold and return, without penalty, when their military assignment is complete.
• Credit for military and work experience – A student’s military training and occupational experience are evaluated for academic credit using guidelines from ACE (American Council on Education).
• Financial aid – AIU offers a variety of military grants and scholarships, takes part in the Yellow Ribbon Program (for those with the Post-9/11 GI Bill®) and participates in other federal financial aid programs that benefit military students.
• Knowledgeable staff and faculty – AIU is one of the few schools in the United States that formally trains its faculty and staff to understand the unique social, emotional, financial and academic needs of military students.
For more information about AIU’s commitment to military students and to contact an admissions representative, visit http://www.aiuniv.edu/military.
About American InterContinental University
Founded in Europe in 1970, American InterContinental University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in programs such as business, healthcare, IT, design, criminal justice and education at campuses in Atlanta and Houston and an Internet-based online campus headquartered in suburban Chicago. AIU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association. Additional information is available at www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org.
AIU is a member of the Career Education Corporation (NASDAQ:CECO) network of universities, colleges and schools. For more information, visit www.aiuniv.edu. American InterContinental University cannot guarantee employment or salary. Not all programs are available to residents of all states. Find more information about graduation rates, program costs and more at www.aiuniv.edu/disclosures.
GI Bill®is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
American InterContinental University