American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. Additional information is available on the HLC website.
FURTHER ACCREDITATION AND LICENSURE
- The business administration degree programs at AIU are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP accreditation certifies that the teaching and learning processes within the business administration programs of the School of Business at American InterContinental University meet the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP. The Bachelor of Accounting, Master of Accounting, and the Master of Healthcare Management degree programs are not accredited by ACBSP.
- The Master of Education Program at American InterContinental University is awarded TEAC initial accreditation by the Inquiry Brief Commission of Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for a period of two years, from October 2013 - October 2015. The accreditation does not include individual education courses that the Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design at the Atlanta campus is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA). The BFA in Interior Design program is no longer accepting new student applications and no longer has active students enrolled. Student achievement data for this program can be found here.
- AIU Atlanta and AIU Online are approved by the State of Georgia to operate by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC): 2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220, Tucker, GA 30084-5305.
- AIU Online is recognized as a private college by the Illinois Board of Higher Education and authorized to grant Associate, Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
- The AIU South Florida Campus is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0400.
- American InterContinental University Houston is authorized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to offer degrees and courses leading to degrees in Texas. For Houston campus students only: THECB student complaint information is codified under 19 TAC§§1.110-1.120. An overview of the complaint procedure, how to submit a complaint, and the complaint form can be found here.
- American InterContinental University is registered by the Maryland Higher Education Commission, 6 N. Liberty St., 10th floor, Baltimore, MD 21201, (410) 767-3388.
- American InterContinental University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the Institution. Credits earned at the Institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
- Students are strongly encouraged to utilize AIU's grievance procedure which can be found in the Catalog. The school's grievance procedure allows for the prompt resolution of grievances. For additional state and accreditor contact information, click here.