Want to gain real-world experience and earn your degree at the same time? AIU's internship course makes that a possibility for AIU Online undergraduates, no matter what program you are in! By enrolling in the internship course you don't have to wait until graduation to put your new knowledge and skills to work.
- Earn college credit while gaining professional experience.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Expand and strengthen your network in the industry.
- Gain valuable, resume-building skills.
- Use your degree knowledge in solving work-related problems and tasks.
To be eligible to for the internship course, you must:
- Have completed 135 quarter credits at the Bachelor's level.
- Possess a minimum of a 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
- Exhibit professional, responsible behavior in class leading up to the internship.
- Discuss internship possibilities and any necessary background checks with your Student Services advisor.
- Not have done an internship previously during the degree program.
- Live in an eligible state. Ineligible states include: IA, LA, MD, MA, NV, NH, NM, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV.
- Submit Registration Form & Learning Contract, Letter of Acceptance and resume of the approving work site coordinator by the given deadline.
SECURING AN INTERNSHIP
If you are interested in participating in the internship course, contact your AIU Student Services Advisor as soon as possible to get the process started. If you want to find an internship but don't know where to start looking, the Career Services department can provide you with guidance on searching for an internship, including useful websites, interviewing strategies, paid/unpaid positions, etc.
Once you have secured an internship, you must submit the relevant documents to your Internship Team before you receive approval to take the course. These documents verify that the company has agreed to take you on as an intern, your internship responsibilities and details of payment and hours.
For more information regarding the internship course, talk to your Student Services advisor or contact AIUInternships@AIUonline.edu