The following list is full of tips that can help you ace your interview.
- Thoroughly research the organization. One easy way to do this is through an online search engine that will present you not only with relevant websites but also with recent news articles on the organization. On the organization's website, pay special attention to the “Mission Statement” and “About Us” sections.
- Prepare questions for the interviewer about the organization and specific position you are pursuing.
- Have extra copies of your resume and cover letter handy.
- The night before your interview, take time to decide on your outfit for the interview. Dress neatly and avoid anything too casual. First impressions can be a big factor in getting the job, so your physical appearance should reflect that you are a serious professional.
- Make direct eye contact with the interviewer and be engaged and enthusiastic.
- Be prepared to expand upon any of your past educational and professional experiences when asked by the interviewer.
- Send a thank-you letter to the interviewer within a few days of the interview, thanking them for their time and the opportunity to speak with them about the position.