Bachelor of Information Technology
The Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) degree program is designed to provide students with the skills, knowledge, and professional standards required of a successful IT professional in the current industry environment. This IT bachelors degree program gives students a comprehensive look at the selection, creation, application, integration, administration and management of various computing technologies.
BIT Program Educational Objectives
In support of the University and School of Information Technology mission statements, the Bachelor of Information Technology program is designed to produce graduates who, within a few years of graduation, demonstrate that they:
- Analyze and incorporate business requirements into the design and implementation of information technology systems.
- Apply skills, appropriate tools and best practices in the creation, application and administration of information technology systems.
- Effectively contribute to projects as team members through communication and implementation of IT concepts.
- Engage in professional development activities.
BIT Program Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the IT disciplines.
- Identify and define the user computing requirements and user needs, and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- Analyze problems, design, implement, integrate, and evaluate a computer-based system, solution, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal and to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- Analyze and understand the professional, ethical, legal, security and social implications of computer environments on individuals, organizations and society, both locally and globally.
- Understand, use and apply techniques, tools, best practices, standards and technology necessary for computing practice and continue to develop professionally in these areas.
Relevant Institutional/Programmatic Accreditation
American InterContinental University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.