AIU has established a grant for our Veterans* of the U.S. military to assist in providing the opportunity to attend a degree program of study at AIU. Veterans may be eligible for a grant up to
$1500** to be applied to the program tuition costs. To be eligible for the grant and waived application fee, a candidate must be accepted for admission to the University, allow for the verification of their military discharge via a DD-214 Member-4, or comparable government document and complete the AIU
Veterans Grant Attestation form.
The conditions are as follows:
- The AIU Veterans Grant is used exclusively towards prior or current program charges.
- The grant is awarded proportionately over each applicable academic year and the grant percentage will be applied to the academic year tuition costs.
- Qualifying students are Veterans of the U.S. Military that have a discharge that is other than dishonorable.
- Candidates must apply and be accepted for admission to the University to be eligible to receive the grant.
- All grants are applied as a credit to the student’s account, and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
The grant is non-transferable and non-substitutable and
cannot be combined with the following institutional grants: AIU Military Spouse Grant, AIU Corporate/Academic Educational Alliances Grant or AIU Lifelong Learning Grant. The grant with the greatest benefit to the student will be applied. Interested candidates should contact the AIU Financial Aid Office for additional application information.
Students selected for membership verification must provide documentation before the grant is disbursed. Documentation must show the effective date of membership prior to the first day of class. Students not able to provide documentation will also be required to pay the application fee
*Veterans with a dishonorable discharge are ineligible for the grant.
*Students utilizing the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits are ineligible to receive this grant.
**The grant amount, combined with all other sources of aid available to the student (federal/state financial aid grants and loan funds, military benefits, private alternative loans, employer tuition reimbursement etc.) may not exceed the total tuition cost for the academic year. In instances where this occurs, the grant will be reduced accordingly.
Note: The AIU Veterans Grant funding is limited. If funding for the AIU Veterans Grant is exhausted, otherwise eligible students may not be awarded the grant.