In accordance with the Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational
Assistance Act of 2008, the University has established a Yellow Ribbon Grant. Eligibility and
amounts are determined on an annual basis (on or after August 1st) and are subject to change.
To be eligible for the grant and waived application fee, a candidate must be accepted for admission
to the University, be eligible for Chapter 33 Post-9/11 veterans benefits at the 100% rate, as
determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, complete the appropriate University Attestation
form, and allow for the verification of their Chapter 33 Post-9/11 eligibility via a DD-214 Member-4,
or Certificate of Eligibility, or comparable government document.
The conditions are as follows:
- Candidates must be an eligible veteran or a Dependent of an eligible Veteran that meets the Post-9/11 GI Bill® Transferability requirements (www.gibill.va.gov).
- Candidates must apply and be accepted for admission to the University to be eligible.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is applied as a credit to the student’s account, and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is used exclusively towards prior or current program charges.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is awarded for each period in the program that the student is determined eligible, and where the grant is needed.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is non-transferable and non- substitutable and cannot be combined with any other institutional grant
About the Yellow Ribbon Program
As part of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, the Yellow Ribbon Program helps military veterans pursue life-changing college degrees at significantly reduced cost.
You may be eligible if any of the following are true for you:
- You served an aggregate period of 36 months in active duty after Sept. 10, 2001
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on the service eligibility criteria listed above
AIU is proud to take part in the Yellow Ribbon Program—which has allowed many of our students to grow and expand their education—and has also established the AIU Yellow Ribbon Grant.
American InterContinental University is committed to assisting military students in determining the best options available to them. To receive additional information on veterans educational benefit eligibility, students can contact the Veterans Administration at 800-827-1000, or 888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551), or visit their website at www.gibill.va.gov
AIU cannot guarantee employment or salary. Find employment rates, financial obligations and other disclosures at www.aiuniv.edu/disclosures . Financial aid is available for those who qualify.