At AIU we understand that life may have gotten in the way of you finishing your degree. Our goal is to make the re-entry admissions process smooth and efficient so that you can focus on what is important; getting the degree you need to move forward. Students who have previously attended AIU, but have not graduated, and plan to return to AIU within 364 days of their last date of attendance may go through the re-entry admissions process. To make re-entering simple, we will assign you a Re-entry Advisor to support you during the application process.
Re-entering students are subject to the following admission requirements:
- Enrollment Agreement
- General Student Disclosure Form
- Programmatic Disclosure Form (as applicable)
Additionally, a returning student's acceptance is contingent on approval from multiple departments.
- You will be notified by your Re-entry Advisor if your application has been accepted by the Admissions Department.
- Your application will then be reviewed by the Academics Department.
- If you are academically approved to return, your access to the Virtual Campus or your Student Portal will be restored and a new class schedule and degree plan will be created for you.
- Finally, you will need to meet any requirements of the AIU Financial Aid and Student Accounts Departments
*Please note that students who wish to re-enter the University are subject to current policies and tuition and fees in effect at the time of their return to AIU Online.