Going back to school to pursue your degree is an investment that's worth the time and money you spend, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't research the ways you might save on both. If you're thinking about going to back to school to pursue your degree online, there's a good chance that you're not starting from scratch. There are a variety of ways you can earn college credits at American InterContinental University (AIU), whether that's through previous college coursework, military service or training, or learning gained from work experience. Not only does this let you leverage the work that you've already done, but it also could help you reduce your tuition costs and graduate sooner.
You may be wondering, "Will my college credits transfer?" As a matter of fact, nearly half of AIU students earned transfer credit. Incoming students work with our prior learning credit evaluators to help them maximize their previous experience.
Save Money on Your Degree
When it comes to your degree, time is money. At AIU, you can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits, allowing you to save up to 75% on tuition and earn your bachelor's degree in as little as 9 months.
Ways to Earn Credit
Having your previous college credits transfer in is only one of the ways you may be able to earn credit toward your degree. You also may receive credit for:
- Military service and training
- Professional training and assessments such as CLEP (the College Level Examination Program)
- Eligible high school Advanced Placement (AP) credits
- Experiential learning from work experiences
Transferring by Degree Level
- Students in bachelor's degree programs can transfer in up to 75% of their qualifying credits required for their degree.
- Students in associate degree programs can transfer in up to 75% of qualifying credits required for their degree.
- Students in master's degree programs can transfer in up to 12 credit hours at the graduate level.
AIU's prior learning assessment team is dedicated to helping you transfer college credits and maximize the prior learning credit you deserve for past work and learning experiences. Our generous transfer in policy was created to make transferring to AIU as smooth as possible so you can get credit for the work you've already done and continue to pursue your educational goals.
Ready to learn more? Download our Transfer Credit Guide.