AIU’s Master of Education degree with a specialization in Secondary Education is among the few M.Ed. programs to integrate adaptive learning throughout the entire curriculum. With a Master of Education in Secondary Education, teachers can learn up-to-date methods of instruction and assessment and gain a deeper understanding of how to develop classroom strategies targeted to students in grades 9-12.
We can help you learn how to:
- Analyze research findings to respond to academic, physical, social and cultural differences in educating students and recommend method modifications based on research results
- Design educational programs that effectively address objectives integrating the appropriate use of various instructional media and technologies for learning
- Develop educational programs that use the appropriate criteria for selecting curricular content, organization of content and methods of curriculum evaluation
- Create a plan for implementation of learning content in various educational settings
- Evaluate the opportunities and challenges involved in the organizational development and delivery of learning programs using formative and summative instruments
- Evaluate educational situations and problems in order to develop and substantiate solutions using leadership and management strategies
- Demonstrate advanced discipline, appropriate communication skills in written and presentation formats
At AIU, more of the courses you take, on average, are devoted to your field of interest than at other similar schools. Your classes may include:
Educational Specialty Capstone
The student will summarize studies in elementary or secondary education, and demonstrate competency in the specialization requirements.
Research Resources for the Classroom
This course will examine ways and means to augment learning and teaching resources in the classroom through effective use of both monetary and non-monetary resources.
The Development of the Secondary Student
The student will learn how to relate to secondary school students and facilitate their education as they grow and mature through the secondary school years.
The Diverse Secondary Classroom
The course guides students to effective application of learner diversity in creating and carrying out education in the secondary class.
Data Applications for Secondary Educators
In this course, students will learn how to identify and use appropriate data for planning and conducting effective secondary instruction.
Managing the Secondary Learning Environment
Students will learn methods for time, technology and resource management as they plan for the conduct and administration of secondary school classes.