The Master of Business Administration degree with a specialization in Finance is designed to develop financial leaders and teach critical thinking, management analysis and strategy.
We can help you learn how to:
- Learn how to analyze financial statements and methods used to value companies.
- Gain an understanding of derivatives and their use in risk management.
- Adapt and innovate to solve problems.
- Analyze various leader, follower, cultural and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership, and adapt to the needs of situations, employees and co-workers.
- Apply quantitative reasoning and analysis to business and management problems using knowledge of mathematics, statistics, finance and economics.
- Develop plans to improve business operations.
- Apply principles of quantitative and qualitative research to business cases and evaluate the quality of research presented based on these principles.
- Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities.
- Use critical thinking skills, including deriving the issue, understanding argument reasoning and developing conclusions.
- Approach management strategically, including developing plans to improve business operations.
- Discuss the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
- Recognize and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts.
- Communicate effectively in business situations.
At AIU, more of the courses you take, on average, are devoted to your field of interest than at other similar schools. Your classes may include:
Global Financial Management
Within the context of the multinational firm, this course examines the development of policy, financing options for international business, and the making of standard financial management decisions.
Business Research for Decision Making
In this course, the student will explore decision making from a managerial viewpoint and examine the role of decision making in dealing with employees, formulating strategy, and negotiating. This course requires students to understand, apply, and evaluate both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies as they apply to business studies and analysis.
A Managerial Approach to Marketing
This course focuses on the application of marketing concepts in a global organization. Students will examine international channel distribution as well as promotional, pricing, and product strategies.
The development and implementation by the global enterprise of integrated business strategies and policies is the focus of this applied course. Course contents include the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the corporate resources, products, and assets. Advanced research is an integral component of this course.
Economics for the Global Manager
In this course students will apply the theory and tools of micro and macroeconomics and research to the formation of business decisions in the global environment.
Financial Statement Analysis
In this course, students learn how to analyze financial statements and methods used to value companies.
AIU’s business administration degree programs with all their specializations are programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).Learn More
The ACBSP accreditation means that AIU’s business administration programs meet the rigorous standards of this leading accreditation association. It helps ensure that what we teach is industry-current and industry-relevant in today’s business environment and can make your education meaningful in the marketplace.
Move forward with AIU’s 12-month online MBA program. Designed with 24/7 flexibility for busy professionals, this accredited MBA program can be completed in less than 12 months. That means you can pursue your degree and still balance a full-time career and busy life. Our 12-month online MBA program lets you learn anywhere, anytime with a wide range of practical and accessible support tools:
- Intellipath™ - This personalized learning platform helps support student success by allowing you to skip what you already know and get support where you need it most. You can also retake tests to improve your overall grade
- Technical Support – AIU offers 24/7 support, whether it’s by phone, email or live chat
- AIU Online Library – Our library provides access to carefully selected articles, books and websites that can help you get the answers. Also, research guides and tutorials, APA resources, even a staff of professional librarians to assist you