When you pursue your Master of Business Administration degree with a specialization in Marketing, you’ll be fully immersed in product, brand and strategic management as well as market research methods and international marketing tactics.
We can help you learn how to:
- Adapt and innovate to solve problems.
- Analyze various leader, follower, cultural and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership, and adapt to the needs of situations, employees and co-workers.
- Apply quantitative reasoning and analysis to business and management problems using knowledge of mathematics, statistics, finance and economics.
- Develop plans to improve business operations.
- Apply principles of quantitative and qualitative research to business cases and evaluate the quality of research presented based on these principles.
- Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities.
- Use critical thinking skills, including deriving the issue, understanding argument reasoning and developing conclusions.
- Discuss the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
- Recognize and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts.
- Communicate effectively in business situations.
- Use a systematic approach to the structure, implementation and analysis of marketing research.
- Produce effective marketing research.
- Evaluate marketing strategies of multinational corporations.
- Create a marketing plan to introduce a product or service into a foreign country.
At AIU, more of the courses you take, on average, are devoted to your field of interest than at other similar schools. Your classes may include:
This course concentrates on strategic, as opposed to tactical, aspects of marketing. It is designed to familiarize students with the problems implicit in market planning in multi-product organizations, help them develop skill in using contemporary approaches for developing strategic plans, present a framework for market planning and new product entry strategies, and allow students to experience the design and implementation of a marketing plan. This course uses simulation.
Research Methods in Marketing
This course provides a systematic approach to structure, implementation, and analysis of marketing research for decision making. This course will focus on analysis of information about the customer as well as information about the customer's wants and needs for the purposes of developing marketing promotional campaigns, developing new products and refining current product offerings, and improving customer service efforts.
Global Financial Management
Within the context of the multinational firm, this course examines the development of policy, financing options for international business, and the making of standard financial management decisions.
Product and Brand Management
Students will consider the product and brand management decisions that must be made to build and manage brand equity.
A Managerial Approach to Marketing
This course focuses on the application of marketing concepts in a global organization. Students will examine international channel distribution as well as promotional, pricing, and product strategies.
The development and implementation by the global enterprise of integrated business strategies and policies is the focus of this applied course. Course contents include the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the corporate resources, products, and assets. Advanced research is an integral component of this course.
AIU’s business administration degree programs with all their specializations are programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).Learn More
The ACBSP accreditation means that AIU’s business administration programs meet the rigorous standards of this leading accreditation association. It helps ensure that what we teach is industry-current and industry-relevant in today’s business environment and can make your education meaningful in the marketplace.