Apply advanced business concepts to build teams, manage departments and develop business solutions while getting an opportunity to learn how to lead, plan and direct IT environments.
We can help you learn how to:
- Develop organizational and operational plans to solve problems and improve the business environment and performance
- Analyze various leader, follow, cultural and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership and adapt to the needs of situations, employees and co-workers
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analysis to evaluate the quality of decision making and research to solve problems
- Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities
- Evaluate the opportunities provided by technology for businesses
- Recognize, evaluate and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts
- Communicate effectively in business situations
- Examine the implications of technology and the Internet on today’s business
- Understand the fundamentals of core computer technologies including computer hardware, databases, network infrastructure, digital investigations and security
- Apply IT project management, technology management and teambuilding skills to advance IT initiatives and outcomes
- Explore the concepts of information technology, finance, economics and accounting to make effective decisions in the global business environment
- Demonstrate current IT operations and marketing management practices and principles
At AIU, more of the courses you take, on average, are devoted to your field of interest than at other similar schools. Your classes may include:
Principles of Information Systems
In this course students examine management skills as they relate to the information technology industry, taking into account the relationship between networking, databases, and programming.
Principles of IT Project Management
The course provides an overview of the roles, responsibilities, and management methods of the technology project manager. The course assumes no prior knowledge in management techniques and is intended to teach students how to develop approaches and styles of management for software projects.
Business Research for Decision Making
In this course, the student will explore decision making from a managerial viewpoint and examine the role of decision making in dealing with employees, formulating strategy, and negotiating. This course requires students to understand, apply, and evaluate both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies as they apply to business studies and analysis.
IT Project Quality Management
This course combines project management with quality management by guiding you from Initiation to Closure with the use of cost control. You will develop and review typical management deliverables that illustrate the ability of the Project Manager to control the success of projects. In addition, you will use computer applications as a tool for project management.
Leadership, Management and Communication of Technical Projects
This is an interactive course designed to provide a solid foundation in key leadership competencies and to afford students the opportunity for a truly transformational leadership experience. Several team building, motivation, and human resources development techniques are also covered.
The development and implementation by the global enterprise of integrated business strategies and policies is the focus of this applied course. Course contents include the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the corporate resources, products, and assets. Advanced research is an integral component of this course.
AIU’s business administration degree programs with all their specializations are programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).Learn More
The ACBSP accreditation means that AIU’s business administration programs meet the rigorous standards of this leading accreditation association. It helps ensure that what we teach is industry-current and industry-relevant in today’s business environment and can make your education meaningful in the marketplace.