Apply advanced business concepts to build teams, manage departments and develop business solutions while getting an opportunity to learn how to lead, plan and direct IT environments.
We can help you learn how to:
- Develop organizational and operational plans to solve problems and improve the business environment and performance
- Analyze various leader, follow, cultural and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership and adapt to the needs of situations, employees and co-workers
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analysis to evaluate the quality of decision making and research to solve problems
- Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities
- Evaluate the opportunities provided by technology for businesses
- Recognize, evaluate and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts
- Communicate effectively in business situations
- Examine the implications of technology and the Internet on today’s business
- Understand the fundamentals of core computer technologies including computer hardware, databases, network infrastructure, digital investigations and security
- Apply IT project management, technology management and teambuilding skills to advance IT initiatives and outcomes
- Explore the concepts of information technology, finance, economics and accounting to make effective decisions in the global business environment
- Demonstrate current IT operations and marketing management practices and principles
|FIN 630||Global Financial Management||
|MGT 600||Business Research for Decision Making||
|MKT 640||A Managerial Approach to Marketing||
|MGT 680||Strategic Management||
|Total Credit Hours:||24
Total Credit Hours: 48
|ITCO 610||Principles of Information Systems||
|ITPM 611||Principles of IT Project Management||
|ITPM 613||Leadership, Management, and Communication of Technical Projects||
|ITPM 615||IT Project Quality Management||
At AIU, more of the courses you take, on average, are devoted to your field of interest than at other similar schools. Your classes may include:
Principles of Information Systems
In this course students examine management skills as they relate to the information technology industry, taking into account the relationship between networking, databases, and programming.
Principles of IT Project Management
The course provides an overview of the roles, responsibilities, and management methods of the technology project manager. The course assumes no prior knowledge in management techniques and is intended to teach students how to develop approaches and styles of management for software projects.
Business Research for Decision Making
In this course, the student will explore decision making from a managerial viewpoint and examine the role of decision making in dealing with employees, formulating strategy, and negotiating. This course requires students to understand, apply, and evaluate both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies as they apply to business studies and analysis.
IT Project Quality Management
This course combines project management with quality management by guiding you from Initiation to Closure with the use of cost control. You will develop and review typical management deliverables that illustrate the ability of the Project Manager to control the success of projects. In addition, you will use computer applications as a tool for project management.
Leadership, Management and Communication of Technical Projects
This is an interactive course designed to provide a solid foundation in key leadership competencies and to afford students the opportunity for a truly transformational leadership experience. Several team building, motivation, and human resources development techniques are also covered.
The development and implementation by the global enterprise of integrated business strategies and policies is the focus of this applied course. Course contents include the planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of the corporate resources, products, and assets. Advanced research is an integral component of this course.
Tuition and Fees
Don't let tuition worries stop you from pursuing a degree. AIU offers a variety of grants, scholarships, financial aid as well as straightforward pricing with no hidden costs to help make college more affordable for our students.
Tuition and Fees Schedule
Find more information on Tuition and Financial Aid for AIU Campuses and Military.
What is financial aid?
Financial aid is the name used for federal, state and private resources that may help pay for college costs. Typically financial aid consists of grants, scholarships, loans and student employment. At American InterContinental University, we strive to take as much stress out of the financial aid process as possible for our students.
How do I apply for financial aid?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, more commonly known as the FAFSA, is the single application needed to apply for all sources of federal aid. The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Tuition and Financial Aid Resources
For more information on tuition and financial aid and how you can save money on tuition, click the links below:
Tuition and Financial Aid Guide: Find out how you can save money on tuition.
Transfer Credit Guide: You can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits towards your degree.
Grants Guide: Find out if you qualify for one of AIU’s grants and scholarships.
Net Price Calculator: Get an estimate of your tuition and fees including financial aid, grants, scholarships, loans and military benefits.
AIU’s business administration degree programs with all their specializations are programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).Learn More
The ACBSP accreditation means that AIU’s business administration programs meet the rigorous standards of this leading accreditation association. It helps ensure that what we teach is industry-current and industry-relevant in today’s business environment and can make your education meaningful in the marketplace.
Move forward with AIU’s 12-month online MBA program. Designed with 24/7 flexibility for busy professionals, this accredited MBA program can be completed in less than 12 months. That means you can pursue your degree and still balance a full-time career and busy life. Our 12-month online MBA program lets you learn anywhere, anytime with a wide range of practical and accessible support tools:
- Intellipath™ - This personalized learning platform helps support student success by allowing you to skip what you already know and get support where you need it most. You can also retake tests to improve your overall grade
- Technical Support – AIU offers 24/7 support, whether it’s by phone, email or live chat
- AIU Online Library – Our library provides access to carefully selected articles, books and websites that can help you get the answers. Also, research guides and tutorials, APA resources, even a staff of professional librarians to assist you