American InterContinental University
In 1970, American InterContinental University (AIU) was founded in Europe on the premise that universities should transcend the bounds of the traditional, theory-based approach to education. AIU strives to provide students with a curriculum that can help them prepare to pursue their professional interests in today's globalized, cutting-edge industries.
For 50 years, AIU has offered specialized, flexible degree programs to students around the globe. The University is committed to developing curricula designed to provide students with career preparation in business, criminal justice, education, information technology, design, and healthcare management.
AIU's success is reflected in its presence throughout the international business community, alumni achievements, and its faculty's commitment. Today, AIU operates campuses in Atlanta and Houston as well as Online, which launched in 2001.
Trident University International: A History of Excellence and Leadership
Established in 1998, Trident University International (TUI) was the first 100% online university to gain regional accreditation from WSCUC. TUI has a specially designed unique learning model in online education. The University is also alma mater to nearly 27,000 military, veteran and adult learners, which showcases its ability to cater to the needs of students with diverse professional backgrounds.
Whether active duty military and their families or civilians, TUI students share a desire to excel and make a difference in the world by taking their education to the next level. In 2020, TUI was acquired by American InterContinental University and welcomed into the overall AIU community.
AIU System: One University Network
The American InterContinental University System (or the “AIU System”) is comprised of American InterContinental University and Trident University International. In November 2020, the AIU System was established to give AIU and TUI the framework to continue serving their unique student populations while existing as a single entity.
The AIU System is committed to providing quality and accessible higher education opportunities for a diverse student population, including adult or non-traditional learners and the military community. AIU and TUI each offer exceptional education experience for students while benefitting from a combined university system.
The American InterContinental University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Perdoceo Education Corporation (formerly Career Education Corporation) acquired American InterContinental University in 2001.
AIU Philosophy & Outcomes
Founded as the American College in 1970, AIU provides associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs in a ground-campus environment and online. AIU’s ground campuses are located in Atlanta, Georgia, and Houston, Texas. The Online, or Main, campus is located in Chandler, Arizona.
The University community has a special commitment to promoting educational opportunity, and to supporting student goals through a set of Institutional Outcomes. To this end, the University places emphasis on the educational, professional, and personal growth of each student, and pursues this aim with a commitment to institutional integrity and ethics. Programs, policies, and institutional initiatives validate AIU’s achievement of the Outcomes and support the University’s Mission, Vision, and Values. These foundational statements are evaluated periodically and modified, as appropriate, to meet the needs of the student body and the institution. The Institutional Outcomes emphasize the link between the University Mission with program and departmental missions.
AIU Institutional Outcomes
- To embrace an educational culture for a diverse student body supported by faculty and staff who provide a personalized approach in support of student success.
- To deliver an integrated learning experience to support students’ intellectual growth, academically and professionally.
- To employ innovative technologies to deliver an immersive learning experience that engages the varied learning styles of our students.
- To provide a curriculum emphasizing learning that prepares students for success in a dynamic professional environment.
- To maintain a pool of practitioner faculty who possess relevant industry experience.
AIU Vision and Values
AIU will grow as a respected global leader in higher education, serving a diverse student body with expert faculty and a wide range of innovative, flexible programs.
In order to achieve its vision, AIU’s student-centered community will challenge and nurture learners to ensure they receive a quality educational experience resulting in excellent personal and institutional outcomes. The University will value the following in support of its mission, purposes, and vision:
- Student Learning and Effective Teaching
- AIU values student learning and the application of learning, believing that mastery of knowledge and skills serves to empower students for success in their chosen career field.
- AIU values the continuous improvement and development of educational programs and services to meet the needs of its students.
- AIU values all of its constituents—students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community—and is committed to supporting them in their pursuit of personal and professional success.
- AIU values opportunity for all students, believing that accessibility to higher education is a right for all those who have the desire, interest, and motivation to succeed in their chosen career fields.
- AIU values diversity in all its forms, believing that the University is strengthened by the richness of its various constituencies.
- AIU values a culture of honesty and is committed to operating in a legally, morally, and ethically correct manner.
Click here to learn about AIU's Accreditation and Licensure.
Classes Start November 3, 2021