Accreditation and Licensure
American InterContinental University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The business programs at American InterContinental University are Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredited.
The Master of Education Program at American InterContinental University is awarded accreditation through TEAC Quality Principles by the Inquiry Brief Commission of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) from October 2015 – April 26, 2019. The accreditation does not include individual education courses that the EPP offers to P-12 educators for professional development, relicensure, or other purposes.
- AIU is approved by the State of Georgia to operate by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC): 2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220, Tucker, GA 30084-5305. gnpec.georgia.gov.
- AIU is recognized as a private college by the Illinois Board of Higher Education and authorized to grant Associate, Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
- AIU is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education to grant degrees to students residing in the State of Arizona.
- American InterContinental University in Houston is authorized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to offer degrees and courses leading to degrees in Texas. For Houston campus students only: THECB student complaint information is codified under 19 TAC§§1.110-1.120.
- Students are strongly encouraged to utilize AIU's grievance procedure which can be found in the University Catalog. The school's grievance procedure allows for the prompt resolution of grievances. For additional state and accreditor contact information, click HERE.
Aimed at expanding distance education opportunities for students, the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) is an initiative that establishes comparable national standards for the interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs.