At American InterContinental University, you have flexible learning options that include our online, Atlanta, or Houston campus.
We offer bachelor’s degree programs in the fields of business, information technology, healthcare, criminal justice and accounting. If you wish to expand your knowledge or deepen your expertise, consider our master’s degree programs. AIU offers master’s degree programs in business, healthcare management, information technology, and education.
At American InterContinental University’s Houston location, you'll find a beautiful campus with updated facilities, a Learning Resource Center, and a variety of accessible student lounges, computer labs and group-work areas. This campus is located at the heart of the city's business community in the Westchase District.Learn More
Access education in this thriving, culturally diverse, business-oriented city. On the weekends, take a bike ride, or catch a sports game just 20 minutes from campus. You may also wish to explore Atlanta’s contemporary art museum.Learn More
Studying without leaving your country is another option with an online program offered by American InterContinental University. AIU’s online programs offer options that work around you, and allow you to read, listen to, or watch our customized course content from any web-enabled device.Learn More
1. Connect with an AIU Admissions Advisor.
The advisor will:
- Ask about your goals and interests
- Guide you through the admissions process
- Assist with answering your questions
- Provide information to help you choose a degree program
- Describe what to expect from your classes
- Explain the next steps to take
2. Complete the online application.
The online application is designed to be quick, and easy and there is no application fee. It takes 10-15 minutes to complete and our admissions advisors can guide you through the process if needed.
Be ready to tell us:
- Basic information about yourself
- Where you’ve gone to high school and/or college
- What degree program you’re interested in
If applicable, please also provide:
- College transcript
- Other written verification
3. Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent as well as any college transcripts.
AIU will review earned credits from:
- U.S.-accredited international institutions
- Accredited Title-IV eligible institutions located abroad
- Credits evaluated by acceptable International Credential Evaluators
- Institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
You will have the opportunity to submit these documents during the online application process.
Have your school send the documentation directly to AIU’s Admissions office:
American Intercontinental University
231 Martingale Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
See our Transcript Evaluation for more details.
4. Provide proof of English proficiency.
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to show that you’re proficient in English before you’re admitted to AIU. You can do that by submitting either test scores or proof that you’ve completed certain coursework. (If you’re a native English speaker, you can ignore this step.)
See the English Proficiency page for full details.
5. Learn what prior learning credits you may be eligible to receive.
Although AIU will review transcripts from international post-secondary institutions for credential evaluation, students will need to consult with an external credential evaluation service on their own.
Because of the time it can take for an evaluation to be completed by one of the approved evaluation institutions, AIU recommends students begin the evaluation process at the time of enrollment.
6. Plan how you’ll pay for program costs.
Most types of financial aid in the U.S.—such as federal loans, grants and scholarships—require students to be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
Taking the time to learn about your options can help put an AIU education within reach.
As an international student, obtaining a visa will be your first step after being accepted to American InterContinental University in Atlanta and Houston. (A visa is not required to study solely online.) We understand the importance of the Visa application process, and have assembled important information here.
We partner with agents who can connect with you in your home country.INDIA
Abacus Overseas Education Advisors
ABACUS TOWERS #401, 4th Floor, Beside GVK One Mall, Road No.1
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034
Phone: +91-40-66027272, Mobile: +91 - 8099928038
At this time, we only offer federal financial aid assistance to eligible US citizens and eligible non-citizens.
Classes Start June 5, 2019