Events at AIU Atlanta
A university is as strong as its community ties. One of the ways an academic institution can show its dedication to students and the community is by hosting events that offer educational and networking opportunities. To that end, AIU Atlanta events give Georgia students the opportunity to interact with established professionals, ask questions about their field, and gain a nuanced understanding of an industry, the job market, and even topics like effective money management and how to prepare for job interviews.
Types of Campus Events
AIU Atlanta hosts events for students throughout Georgia whether online, on our campus, and elsewhere in the community. These events often take the following forms:
- Recruiting Events – AIU partners with a variety of local employers to the benefit of the local economy and our industry. We strive to partner with the business community, and we do our best to help students prepare for the next step in their career path. One of the ways we do this at AIU Atlanta is by hosting recruiting events for local employers for you to meet, greet and pursue career opportunities*.
- Networking Events – Meet fellow students, alumni and industry veterans. Networking-focused events may be social and/or educational in nature.
- Mentoring Sessions – Some Atlanta campus events are focused on honing professional skills. These sessions typically take the form of presentations, lectures, or workshops, and can run the topical gamut. Past events have included “The Art of Pitching,” “How to Strengthen Your Financial Position,” and online interview workshops.
- Roundtable Discussions – Representatives from a variety of Georgia-based companies gather to discuss their industry and the challenges they face now and in the future. Such get-togethers may or may not accept questions from the audience. It can be an exceptional opportunity to build an understanding of the lay of the land of local industry.
- Live Q&A Sessions – In addition to receiving an idea of what’s expected as a prospective employee or entrant into a given field, you’ll have a chance to ask any burning questions you might have about a profession, employer or subject. These sessions will be in-person or online and are designed to feature experienced and knowledgeable industry professionals.
- Educational Lectures – Learn about a wide range of topics in a variety of fields. These gatherings may take the form of group discussions, workshops, lectures, or a combination. Past topics have included “Build Your Brand,” “Cash-Flow Analysis for Business Plans,” and “Why is Constitution Day Important?” These events are fantastic opportunities to expand your knowledge within your field and to develop an understanding of other disciplines.
- Job Fairs – AIU’s career and job fairs are designed to enable you to meet face-to-face with employers based in Atlanta, throughout Georgia, and elsewhere in the community. It can also allow you to learn about what kind of candidates companies seeking and find out about potential openings. There’s even a chance that you could schedule an interview at one of these gatherings*. Attending our Career Services job fairs is one way to help you prepare for your next steps after college.
- Social Events – Book clubs, film screenings and charity events are just some of the potential events at which you can mingle with your peers. Building a strong social circle may help you on your educational journey, and AIU offers a variety of fun Atlanta events to facilitate that goal.
Are you looking for more information about how to pursue your education at our Atlanta campus? Schedule a time to speak with an AIU Admissions Advisor.
*AIU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement.
Classes Start May 12, 2021