Degrees at AIU Houston
The process of earning a degree doesn't work the same way for every student, which is why American InterContinental University (AIU) has both campus-based and online learning options. For those who prefer the face-time and collaborative learning of a classroom environment, our Houston campus offers updated facilities and local faculty. If you're a full-time working professional making progress toward your degree during nights and weekends, the flexibility and convenient nature of online classes may be a better fit.
Best of all, you don't have to choose between a strictly online or on-campus learning experience. At AIU Houston, many of our programs allow you to combine classroom-based and online courses, giving you the flexibility to complete your degree requirements in whatever way works best for you.
Houston-Based IT Degrees
Modern businesses rely on the internet and complex Information Technology (IT) networks to serve customers and store important data. At AIU Houston, we offer both campus-based and online options for earning an IT degree, as well as several specializations to help narrow your focus of study.
Our Houston campus offers the following IT specializations:
- Digital Investigations – Our Digital Investigations specialization is designed to teach students how to track criminal activity through complex digital records and computer forensics, collect and preserve evidence of cybercrimes, and report findings to law enforcement agencies in compliance with legal requirements.
- Information Assurance and Security – A BSIT in Information Assurance and Security can help students prepare to prevent and respond to cyber security crimes before they happen. Courses focus on how to identify weaknesses in a company's network that could leave them vulnerable to hacking and cyber attacks, as well as how to create security protocols, maintain security systems and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Networking Administration – Students who opt for a Network Administration specialization can learn how to set up, maintain and update a company's IT computer and database systems, as well as how to respond to issues like software and hardware changes and traffic-induced stress on the network.
- Software Analysis and Development – Those who want to design computer programs and applications will find courses on writing, testing, debugging and analyzing software and platforms in this specialization.
If you have your bachelor's degree and you're looking to take the next steps in your IT knowledge, we also offer a fully online Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program with specializations in Information Assurance and Security or IT Project Management.
Online Degree Programs
At AIU, we also offer a range of other online degree programs designed to give you the flexibility to complete your course requirements however and whenever works for you. The following programs are offered online, or have online courses available:
- Business Administration Degrees – We offer both associate and bachelor-level online business degrees. Eleven online specialization options for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree allow you to focus your course of study to the particular fields in which you're most interested.
- Online MBA Degrees – For working professionals looking to broaden your business knowledge without taking time away from your job, we even offer a comprehensive online one-year MBA program.
- Accounting Degree – Our Bachelor of Accounting degree can be completed entirely online, or with a mix of online and classroom-based components. Plus, our Intellipath™ adaptive learning platform allows you to work through lessons and course materials more efficiently by skipping over what you already know.
- Criminal Justice Degrees – Our online Criminal Justice degrees are offered at both the associate's and bachelor's level. Be sure to see if you qualify for our Law Enforcement Advanced Standing Program (LEASP), which can help you turn police academy training into credits toward your criminal justice degree.
- Healthcare Management Degrees – We offer an online Master of Healthcare Management degree as well as a bachelor's degree specializing in Health Services Administration Management that can be completed online. Courses generally cover how to respond to the unique challenges of today's healthcare system.
- Online Master's in Education – Our fully online Master of Education degree specializations are designed to help teachers prepare to take the next steps in their education career, whether that means moving into administration, working with curriculum design and assessment, or focusing on the specific challenges of teaching primary, secondary or adult education.
Are you ready to learn more? Schedule to speak with an Admissions Advisor about AIU’s available online degrees or any of the programs offered at our Houston campus.
Classes Start January 16, 2019