Hardware & Software Requirements for AIU Programs
In order to have a quality learning experience in your courses, AIU requires that students have regular access to a computer for schoolwork that meets or exceeds the following specifications. The AIU Mobile App will not accommodate all program assignment requirements; a computer that meets or exceeds the specified requirements is needed to complete the chosen degree program successfully. Please refer to the Notes section at the end of this document.
|Program of Study||Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements|
|B.F.A. Fashion Design and Marketing
B.B.A. Fashion Marketing specialization
|Computer running Windows 10 (64-bit) or MacOS 10.14.6
Recommend 16GB RAM
|B.F.A. Media Production
Certificate in Audio and Sound Recording
Certificate in Digital Filmmaking
|Computer running MacOS 10.14.6
Recommend 16GB RAM; 500GB Storage
|B.Acc. (Bachelor of Accounting)||One of the following:
|M.Ed. (Masters of Education):
||Computer running Windows 10|
|All other programs||One of the following:
- Smartphones and tablets will work with the Virtual Campus portal and the AIU Mobile App but might not meet the hardware and software requirements to complete all coursework.
- Students who access courses from their place of employment, as well as Military Organizations and Military, may have restrictions on the type of content allowed through the organization's firewall or network security. This may affect your ability to access your courses from work and is beyond American InterContinental University's ability to predict or control.
Mobile App minimum requirements1:
- Android 5.x
- iPhone with iOS 11.x or iPad with iPadOS 11.x
Internet Connection requirements2:
- Media: Download speed 25Mbps; Upload speed 3Mbps
- All Others: Download speed 5Mbps; Upload speed 1Mbps
- Microsoft Office 365- provided to all new students upon enrollment
- Chromebook and mobile device users can download the individual Microsoft Office apps from the Google Play Store or App Store for offline access.
- American InterContinental University has security measures in place to identify and remove threats from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, and more.
- The Virtual Campus and its classrooms are continuously scanned for any malicious code and any files being uploaded which may contain such code
- Partner with any 3rd party vendors to ensure they have appropriate security measures in place to identify these types of threats. This includes our eBook and library database providers
- Provide secure software download access via reputable providers
- The University strongly recommends that you have anti-virus or malware protection installed and updated when accessing sites outside of AIU's control which may contain these threats. Remember whether in your school email or links in articles you may read, don't click on any links unless you are sure it is a trusted source
1 Standard mobile data rates/charges may apply
2 Mbps is Megabits per second; Lower connection speeds may impact performance with viewing videos, live chats, mini-lessons, and other areas within the portal.