You have a high school diploma, but you feel like you've hit the ceiling when it comes to paychecks and promotions. You know you have the potential to do more, but how do you get employers to recognize the promise that you see in yourself?
You can break through that ceiling by pursuing an associate's degree in business, an undertaking that can show employers your ambition, your dedication and your willingness to work hard to succeed at your goals.
But what can you do with an associate's degree in business? A variety of career paths are available, and some of the roles you might qualify for include:
- Advertising sales agents: Sell ad space to businesses and individuals.
- Secretaries and administrative assistants: A high-level secretary to corporate executives.
- Real estate brokers and sales agents: Assist home sellers and buyers in selling and finding properties for the best prices possible.
- Bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks: Keep track of a company's financial records and accounts.
- Insurance sales agents: Generate new business for an insurance agency or brokerage.
There is a wide range of jobs open to someone with an associate's degree in business because a quality associate's degree in business administration program offers its students a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum with a foundation of courses in business. Students can learn critical thinking and communication skills while they gain the business tools needed for success.
Specifically, while pursuing an associate's degree in business, you can gain knowledge and understanding of:
- A broad knowledge of the basic principles of business practice and processes
- An understanding of the methods and practices in marketing, banking and the business economy
- A strong grasp on central economic principles and a familiarity with the workings of financial markets
- The ability to use computer systems and applications to improve business practices
- An awareness of the need for businesses to adapt to advances in technology
The combination of courses can provide students with a solid educational foundation to break through to the next level professionally. Along with helping you move forward in a business career, an associate's degree in business can also be a good start to moving toward your next lofty goal: a bachelor's degree in a specialty of your choice. So what can you do with an associate's degree in business? You can get started on those professional goals. There's no time to waste. Now is the time to move forward so you can get where you want to be.