AIU Atlanta: A Military-Centric Campus
American InterContinental University (AIU) is committed to helping those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. It’s why we offer tuition reduction for active duty military students as well as a number of grants and scholarships for current and former members of the military. We also provide the opportunity for you to receive college credits for qualifying military experience by evaluating your transcript, prior education and MOS Codes held. Our MOS Pledge gives students the opportunity to get maximum transfer credits for qualifying military training and experience related to an MOS Code.
Our military students are one of AIU’s strengths, and one of the ways we show that is through the AIU Atlanta Veterans Center. This serves as a dedicated space for active duty military and veteran students to connect, find mentorship, participate in special military events, and help you navigate your educational journey and transition into civilian life.
AIU Education Benefits
Receiving college credit for your qualifying military experience is only one of the benefits available at our university. Some of the other benefits you can expect at AIU Atlanta include:
- Reduced Tuition – Active duty, undergraduate students can receive up to 45% tuition reduction, while active duty graduate students are eligible for up to 20% tuition reduction.
- Five-Week Courses – Our courses are designed to be efficient, so a sudden assignment or last-minute deployment may be less likely to disrupt your education.
- Prior Learning Credit – You may also be able to earn college credit for past professional experience and transfer credits from prior education.
- Skip What You Know – AIU offers intellipath® — a one-of-a-kind learning technology that allows you to focus on learning what you need to and skipping topics you already know.
AIU also offers the following grants and scholarships for our military-affiliated students:
College Credit from Your Military Experience and JST
Military students at AIU have the opportunity to earn transfer credit for previous college classes, work or military service. Students can earn college credits for qualifying military experience at AIU Atlanta through:
You can also receive college credit by way of a Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript. Military credits can contribute toward the completion of your degree, which is why AIU’s Prior Learning Assessment department will review your JST and other relevant experience to maximize your transfer credit received.
Additionally, AIU is a signatory of the Department of Defense Memorandum of understanding for Post-Secondary Educational Institutions (DOD MoU) and a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC).
Local Military Bases
The transition from military life to civilian life can be difficult. Fortunately, the military’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP) can help you navigate the logistics. The phone numbers for TAP at local Atlanta-area military bases are as follows:
- Dobbins ARB – 678-655-5004
- Fort Benning – 705-545-2308
- Fort Gordon (including Gillem Enclave) – 706-791-7333
- Fort Stewart Army Base – 912-767-8677
- Hunter Army Airfield – 912-315-5854
- Moody Air Force Base – 229-257-3333
- Robins Air Force Base – 478-926-1256
AIU Atlanta assists active duty and veteran service member education through flexible programs and tuition reduction. Learn more about our military benefits.
AIU cannot guarantee employment or salary. Find employment rates, financial obligations and other disclosures at www.aiuniv.edu/disclosures. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Classes Start April 1, 2020