Total tuition for this degree program may vary depending on your educational needs, existing experience, and other factors.
The AIU Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Fashion Design and Marketing degree program combines the required General Education courses that can provide a liberal arts foundation with specialized coursework designed to provide a professional education in the diverse and creative field of fashion marketing. Particular emphasis is placed on retailing, promotion, trend, styling, and product development.
You Can Learn How To:
- Demonstrate how to apply the skills and tools of fashion to design and marketing projects creatively and confidently
- Create original fashion designs either by hand or with computer-aided design software, which demonstrate creativity with design elements
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary fashion, and key theoretical issues relevant to fashion, and at the forefront of the discipline
- Analyze fashion trends, consumer needs, and preferences that are used to forecast, plan, develop, and promote clothing lines
- Critically evaluate and articulate your understanding of your own and others’ work, and be able to devise and sustain a reasoned argument in relation to contemporary fashion
Download program detail PDF
|ENGL106||English Composition I||4.5|
|ENGL107||English Composition II||4.5|
|MATH125||General College Mathematics||4.5|
|UNIV103||Academic and Professional Success||4.5|
|UNIV106||Technology and Information Literacy||4.5|
|General Education Elective (1 Course)||4.5|
|Humanities (2 Courses)||9|
|Natural Sciences (2 Courses)||9|
|Total Credit Hours:||58.5|
|ACCT205||Principles of Accounting I||4.5|
|ACCT311||Principles of Financial Accounting||4.5|
|ACCT315||Intermediate Accounting I||4.5|
|ACCT320||Intermediate Accounting II||4.5|
|BUSN105||Introduction to Business||4.5|
|BUSN150||Legal and Ethical Environment of Business||4.5|
|BUSN311||Quantitative Methods and Analysis||4.5|
|MKTG205||Principles of Marketing||4.5|
|Total Credit Hours:||45|
General ElectivesA combination of 8 electives dependent on Program
|Total Credit Hours:||36|
|ACCT440||Accounting Information Systems||4.5|
|ACCT450||Business and Professional Ethics for Accountants||4.5|
|Total Credit Hours:||40.5|
Total Credit Hours: 180
AIU's Bachelor of Accounting (BACC), with all its specializations, is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
In this specialized curriculum, study the fashion industry and how consumer needs and characteristics affect areas such as production, management, sourcing, marketing, and merchandising. Coursework is structured to help you acquire focused knowledge and skillsets common in the field of fashion marketing.
In Targeting Customers, study consumer buyer behavior, analyzing its relationship to how consumers purchase fashion products and brands.
In Fashion Branding, explore contemporary fashion brands and examine the strategies they use to create a unique personality, generate appeal, and generally develop a “desirability factor” for potential consumers.
In Fashion Trends, explore how to identify, track, and analyze trends in the areas of business and fashion with respect to merchandise and assortment planning.
From grants to military service to transfer credit, see the variety of opportunities available to save time and money on your degree at AIU.
- Scholarships & Grants - AIU offers a number of institutional scholarships and grants that can help eligible students offset the program cost and help reduce out of pocket costs
- Reduced Military Tuition Rate – AIU Online offers a 45% tuition reduction to active military undergraduate students and a 20% tuition reduction to active military graduate students, including members of the Reserves and National Guard
- Transfer Credit – AIU’s transfer-friendly credit policy lets you transfer in up to 75% of the qualifying credits needed toward your degree
- Prior Learning Credit – You can receive credits for past college courses, qualifying military service, or eligible work experience
For more information, review the AIU guides below:
- Financial Aid Guide: Our guide to financial aid can answer your initial questions and help you prepare to apply for financial aid
- Scholarships and Grants Guide: Learn about the scholarships and grants offered by AIU along with details about eligibility
- Transfer Credit Guide: This guide explores how to transfer your credits from other schools—and earn college credit for your eligible past work and qualifying military experience
Gainful Employment and Other Student Disclosures
Below you can find placement rates and other information tailored to your chosen campus and program. Certain disclosures are published on this website to assist students in understanding the facts about their programs.
Program Disclosure Information for:
AIU Atlanta - Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design and Marketing
Classes Start May 30, 2018