American InterContinental University’s online business degree programs are offered at the associate, bachelor’s, and master’s levels. Students pursuing their business degree online will have the opportunity to learn more about accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and operations, and to further develop their teamwork, communication, leadership, and soft skills generally. Earning an online business degree at AIU could provide you with the flexibility needed to accomplish your educational goals and acquire knowledge and know-how that may help you pursue real-world opportunities.
AIU’s Online Business Degree Benefits
- Save up to 25% on your master’s degree by taking graduate courses in your bachelor’s program.1
- Our accelerated online MBA program makes it possible to earn your MBA in as few as 12 months.
- intellipath®, AIU’s adaptive learning platform, allows you to personalize your learning plan and skip what you already know, resulting in a more streamlined educational experience.
- Convenient and flexible online business courses make it easier to fit classes into your busy schedule, enabling you to read, listen to, or watch, customized course content from any web-enabled device.
- The tuition and graduation date calculator can give you a general idea of the cost to complete an online business degree program at AIU based on the information you supply.
- A 24/7 technical support team that can help you any time, day or night.
AIU’s Online Business Degree Options
AIU understands that everyone has different reasons for wanting to earn an online business administration degree, and we make it easier to find something that fits your interests by offering diverse specializations, all of which provide opportunities to build a solid foundation in business and economic principles. You can choose among different types of business degrees—ranging from online undergraduate (associate and bachelor’s) to online MBA programs—and then customize your learning experience further by choosing specializations in our bachelor’s and master’s programs that run the gamut from marketing and finance to human resources and project management, so that your online business courses better align with your interests and goals.
Associate of Arts in Business Administration
AIU’s Associate of Arts in Business Administration program is designed to provide a general business education, giving students an opportunity to develop foundational business knowledge and better prepare them to pursue entry-level opportunities. The online business courses offered in this program introduce students to accounting, marketing, economics, and effective business communication. Students can explore how to develop their public speaking and business writing skills and gain exposure to topics involving the ownership, organization, management, and control of businesses.
Bachelor’s Business Programs
AIU’s Bachelor of Business Administration online program builds on the foundational courses offered in our online business management associate’s degree program by exploring business-related topics in greater depth and introducing students to important quantitative tools used in business and economics. Core business courses cover a range of important topics, such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, and financial management, among others. As students progress through the online business administration courses within the BBA program, they’ll work on honing leadership skills, recognizing potential ethical and legal issues, and understanding and managing organizational change.
Our flexible online bachelor’s degree in business program offers 11 specializations in addition to the general track business management online degree program: accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, healthcare management, human resource management, Le Cordon Bleu® hospitality management, general management, marketing, operations management, project management, and technology management. Those interested in the field of accounting can choose to pursue either a BA in accounting or a BBA with a specialization in accounting. And, in addition to AIU’s extensive online business degree offerings, students can opt to pursue a BBA with a specialization in fashion marketing at our Atlanta campus.
Online MBA Program
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides advanced coverage of business topics for students who have already completed a bachelor’s program. While MBA programs are generally geared toward those with professional experience, it is not necessary to have such experience to pursue your MBA online at AIU. Our career-focused, one-year online MBA program comes in a variety of specializations so that you can focus your studies on your preferred field of interest. You can choose from 9 different online MBA program specializations, including: accounting, finance, healthcare management, human resource management, management, marketing, operations management, project management, and technology management. And importantly, AIU’s accelerated online MBA program makes it possible to complete your degree in 12 months or less.
Online Business Degree Admission and Program Requirements
No SAT is required for AIU’s undergraduate online business administration degree programs, and no GMAT or GRE is required for the online MBA program. Proof of high school graduation or an equivalent program, such as a high school diploma or GED, must be submitted, and homeschooled students are required to supply additional documentation. Our FAQ page answers some common admissions questions we receive, but applicants should contact an Admissions Advisor for assistance with any questions that can’t be readily answered by the FAQs.
The amount of time it will take to complete your degree depends on the requirements of your chosen online business degree program and whether you’re working toward graduation on a part-time or full-time basis, but typical program lengths are as follows:
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration – Requires a total of 90 credit hours and can be completed in as little as 18 months.2
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Requires a total of 180 credit hours and can be completed in as little as 36 months.3
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Requires a total of 48 credit hours and can be completed in 12 months.
AIU also offers credit for prior learning and credit for life/work experience and permits students to transfer in up to 75 percent of the credits required to complete an associate or bachelor’s business degree program, or up to 12 credits toward the 1-year online MBA program.4 See below for more details.
Accredited Online Business Programs
Our online business degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and American InterContinental University, AIU, is part of the American InterContinental University System, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Our online bachelor’s and online MBA programs have made U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and Best Online MBA Programs lists for the past three years (2017–19).
Earn Your Business Degree in Less Time
You may be able to earn your graduate or college business degree online in less time than you may have thought possible by taking advantage of AIU’s Prior Learning Assessment Program or transferring in credits from other accredited institutions. The more credit you receive from prior experiences or accredited institutions, the fewer online business classes you’ll need to take to complete your degree program at AIU. To qualify for prior learning credits, the outcomes of employment experience, non-collegiate/non-school based education, or life experience must be documented and applicable to the student’s program of study, and the outcomes of this experience must be equivalent to what would have been gained through university-level courses. AIU permits the transfer of up to 75 percent of the credits required to complete an undergraduate online business degree program, and up to 12 credits for the online MBA program.4
Ways to Save on Tuition and Fees
Estimating and planning for your online college business degree expenses doesn’t have to be stressful. AIU’s tuition and graduation date calculator makes it easy to estimate the cost and potential timeline for earning your business administration degree online. Various types of financial aid may be available for those who qualify. And some of the same programs that can enable you to complete your business degree online faster may also help save you money:
- Grants – AIU students may be eligible for a variety of institutional grants, including the AIU Advantage Grant, AIU Veterans Grant, and AIU Lifelong Learning Grant.5
- Military Benefits – Active military students, including members of the Reserves and National Guard, may be eligible for a tuition reduction of up to 45 percent in undergraduate programs and up to 20 percent in graduate programs. Military students and their families may also be eligible for a variety of grants and scholarships, including the AIU Veterans Grant, AIU Military Spouse Grant, AIU Yellow Ribbon Grant, and EANGUS Scholarship.
- Transfer Credit – Many AIU students have taken courses at other traditional or online business schools or other accredited colleges. In some cases, those course credits can be transferred and applied toward AIU’s online business degree programs.4
- Credit for Professional Experience – Professional or military experience that is relevant to your chosen degree program may qualify you to received course credit, pending an assessment or exam.4
Helping Students Become Their Best Selves
American InterContinental University is more than just a place where students can earn a business degree online—we are committed to creating a supportive environment that nurtures students to help them reach their full potential. Our career-focused and flexible, fully online business degree programs could help make achieving your educational goals just a little bit easier. Students who enroll in our accredited, online business administration degree programs come from all walks of life, so no matter whether you’re a parent, a recent high school graduate, or a seasoned professional, you could find a program that fits your needs and interests.
1. The AIU Master’s EdgeTM program lets you get a head start on your master’s degree while still pursuing your bachelor’s degree, allowing you to save up to 25% on your graduate degree tuition.
2. As an associate degree program, this program is designed as a 24-month program; however; many factors will impact your time to completion, including course loads, proficiency and/or transfer credits and breaks.
3. As a bachelor’s degree program, this program is designed as a 48-month program; however; many factors will impact your time to completion, including course loads, proficiency and/or transfer credits and breaks.
4. Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
5. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University Catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
AIU cannot guarantee employment, salary, or career advancement. Not all programs are available to residents of all states. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
The business world moves fast. Prepare for the next step in your education.
Step up and Save up to 25% on Your Master’s Degree by taking master’s classes in your bachelor’s program.
AIU Faculty Offers Real-World Experience
Much of the knowledge you’ll have the opportunity to develop in the classroom comes from our faculty’s experience in the field. Among our AIU faculty are recognized industry specialists, many of whom have served as executives and entrepreneurs.
AIU One-Year Online MBA Program
Pursue AIU’s one-year online MBA program. Designed with 24/7 flexibility for busy professionals, this accredited MBA program can be completed in less than 12 months.
Watch Amanda's AIU Success Story and Get Inspired
She left college to raise her kids and struggled to make ends meet as a single mom. Then, a friend recommended AIU. Meet Amanda Schmeichel and she what she has to say about AIU.
"If I wouldn't have gotten my education, I'd still be stuck at the point where I couldn't progress any further. I would still be stuck there wondering if there was a way out."
Classes Start November 3, 2021